Friday, May 30, 2008

The news this week is as follows:

Pea-sized hail does not dent my car! I found out the scary way, listening to it ping off my roof.

Michael's car was stolen on Wednesday night and recovered Thursday morning. His computer and other electronics were taken, but the car was OK! Well, minus a broken window and door scratch.

Today I turn 38. I feel good.

I bought a new rosebush today. It's called Hope for Humanity. What I really hope for is that it survives through the winter, unlike all my previous roses that didn't. But I was informed that a shrub rose (such as this is) should survive, unlike my previous hybrid teas.

I now have an external hard drive, which means that since I spent the money on it, my computer will probably never crash and I won't need it.

My novel now has a rudimentary website. Go see it at http://dogdays.weebly.com/
You can even read the first chapter.

I got my second flat tire on my new bike on Tuesday. Last year, riding Red, I didn't have a single flat and now on Big Blue I've had two in about a month. Well, those lovely expensive things can sometimes be high maintenance. And I maybe shouldn't have been riding on a road with rocks that would've been better used for landscaping.

That's it for now. Happy end of May!

No comments: