Saturday, May 10, 2008

Since I haven't mentioned it in awhile, I want to give a shout out to my new bike. I LOVE YOU!
Today Michael installed the computer, which means I will quit bugging my cycling buddies to tell me how fast we're going and how far we've ridden. I got to really test it out on some hills on Thursday night, when I was out getting lost in Mendota Heights and heard someone call my name from a gas station off to the right. I had no idea who would be yelling my name in the middle of Mendota Heights, but I looked over and there was my teammate, Manda, waving at me from the middle of a group of cyclists. "Come ride with us," she said, so I did. It turned out it was the Freewheel Bikes group ride, and as it happened, it was my first real group ride of the season (real in that I wasn't the ride leader, and thus had no say in the pace.) It was hilly and a faster than I'd been riding, so it was a good challenge. Big Blue helped me keep up with the pack and I was happy to have run into Manda and the group.

No comments: