Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Talking to my fellow Desperados last night (the writing group) I learned from Mike that a friend of his and his wife have personal challenges every month. Like going for a month without alcohol, or only eating vegan. So we decided to have a writing group challenge-- to write for 10 minutes every day for the next month. Today is my second day, and so far I'm doing well. Blogging doesn't count, nor does emailing. It has to be either actual journaling or writing a story. I managed to add a bit to the novel last night and tonight. The 10 minutes usually stretches out to more, but the great thing is that I can stop after 15 and feel like I've really accomplished something. At this rate, I may actually finish the novel this summer!

Had a great bike ride tonight with the bike club, same ride that just about broke me last year. This time I did much better. I can tell I'm making progress. Baby steps, but steps nonetheless, like writing 10 minutes a day, pretty soon it really adds up to something!

Oh, and I was sporting my Vanderkitten kit (or as I call it, my Vander-kit-n)

No comments: