Saturday, May 01, 2010

Yoga and Bike Month

I wanted to do the 30 days of biking challenge, but I also wanted to do 30 days of yoga, so I decided to do both in April. Yoga and riding the bike every day for a month. It went well. I only missed four days of cycling, mostly due to going out of town one weekend. I still made it 22 days in a row, which is way more than I would have done without the challenge, so I'm pretty happy with my results. The yoga was easy, since I count everything from five minutes of meditation to going to yoga class to practicing handstand for 10 breaths. The goal was not to obsess or beat myself up if I missed a day here or there. The goal was to see if I could commit to something every day for a whole month. I like this idea because the common belief is that it takes anywhere from 21 to 30 days to make something a habit. I want to add good habits to my life.

The month of May will be guitar and writing month. I've already done today's allotment. Only 30 days to go! Who knows, I may end up as a songwriter by June ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this a lot, as well as the whole concept of developing good habits by setting your mind on *doing*. The Nike slogan really had it right! Writing and guitar are a perfect match, and remember: You only are the only one you have to please with the results.