Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Shot in the A** or Too Much Information

I stopped riding my bike in August of last year after having intense pain in one of my sit bones :( This was not entirely a bad thing, because while I was looking for something to occupy my time and take my mind off the fact that I couldn't ride, I somehow discovered the Christine Center.

Being off the bike for 5 months should've healed whatever ailed me, right? Well, no. 45 min. on a spin bike and the pain was back and badder than ever last week. So I have made it my sole mission in life right now to get back on the bike pain-free.

I went to see a sports medicine doctor. He thinks it's ischial bursitis (a.k.a. a pain in the a**!) So the prescribed remedy was a shot of cortisone. I've never had one of those before, but I can tell you that I've had blood draws that hurt more. So now I wait a few days and see if it gets better. I can even go for a trainer ride in a couple days! I hope this helps. If it does, it was sooo worth getting a shot in the butt! If it doesn't, well, MRI here I come.

Can't wait to ride!

No comments: