Tuesday, October 21, 2008


Christine Center Weekend

I went back this weekend for some "spiritual deepening" and on Saturday I awoke to this lovely scene...

It was clear, and the waning gibbous moon was still visible in the sky and the leaves were just tumbling off the oak and maple trees. It was so quiet there, I could actually hear the leaves falling. It was truly a magical moment. I went for a walk in the woods and by the time I got back the frost had disappeared. I try to appreciate those fleeting moments of beauty, and I'm really happy that I remembered to bring my camera so I could capture the scene. October is my favorite month just for that reason-- there are so many fleeting moments of beauty, with the trees turning, and the frost appearing, and the last of the flowers blooming.

It was a lovely weekend of meditation and contemplation. I can't wait to go back.


1 comment:

sxoidmal said...

That certainly does look lovely. Maybe some weekend I'll head out to a state park and try writing something in the middle of people-less-ness.