Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lucky Day

Today I had that excited feeling in my stomach for most of the day. I don't know why. It was a rather dreary day, but I still felt exhilirated. I heard from a couple friends whom I'd been sending non-physical messages to contact me. The Law of Attraction works. That's all I'm going to say about it right now.

Later I went to the gas station to get a car wash, and just as I was leaving, had the urge to buy a powerball ticket, so I looked in my wallet and had two dollars, and I bought two. When I walked out the door I found a penny on the ground right in front of my car.

I came home, rode the trainer for what I expected would be another uncomfortable interminable 30-45 min. of butt torture, and after about 20 min. I started to feel GOOD. I rode longer than I originally had planned and discovered during my ride that Icicle Works' Whipser to a Scream is an excellent song to listen to while trying to ride very high cadence. I got off the bike and felt even better than I had when I started.

I announced to Michael that I was going to Target and did he want anything. He tasked me with picking up hair gel and mouth wash and then, out of the blue, wrote me a check for 200 bucks, to pay me for groceries.

Then I went to Target to get my medication, for the second time this week because my primary care Dr. takes her sweet time refilling my rx and I found $20 on the floor.

This was a moral dilemma, because I wanted to find the rightful owner, but wasn't sure which of the 200 people in the store it belonged to. I looked around for anyone who looked like they might be missing something, but everyone was minding their own business. I considered turning it in, but thought that if I'd lost $20 in Target, I wouldn't count on anyone turning it in, so I wouldn't tell anyone it was missing. I mean, it wasn't like the 50 grand that person working in a thrift store found in someone's belongings last week.

I know John is going to tell me I'm going to hell for keeping the $20, but it was meant for me, because today is my lucky day. How do I know that? Because I found a penny outside the gas station. The universe talks to us all the time, we just need to learn to listen.

If my lucky day ends with me winning the powerball, you all are invited to my writers/artist/yoga retreat on 200 acres of undeveloped land in northern WI (or the U.P.)



1 comment:

sxoidmal said...

Holy crap, that is one gangbusters of a lucky day. Your heart's in the right place, wanting to return the lost $20 to its owner, but all that could reasonably be expected of you is a good-faith effort; after that, dude, it's yours. I enjoyed hearing about a steady stream of excellent things happening to you.