Sunday, September 30, 2007


Crex Meadows
This morning I had the pleasure of waking up to this view.
The lake is full of coots and Canada Geese, along with some flying overhead. The birds were quiet last night due to heavy wind that blew all night long until the thunderstorm in the wee hours. In the morning, I got a couple pictures before I had to head back home. When I was driving out, about 30-40 sandhill cranes flew overhead. Good thing the roads are rarely traveled out there, because I found out that I am not good at driving and birdwatching. We saw a lake full of trumpeter swans on Saturday. More than I've ever seen before in one place. And mom spied a snake in the parking lot of the sand blow, and some unidentified reptile eggshells. The scrub oaks were red red red , and the other trees were starting to turn. Just a beautiful time of year to visit .

No comments: