Thursday, September 07, 2006

A week ago I cut my finger on a can of tomato sauce, trying to fix a quick dinner because I was too tired to walk the two blocks to El Norteno for takeout.

I was halfway through making my dinner when it happened. It isn't easy cooking half a meal when you're spurting blood out of your middle finger. After dinner (which by the way wasn't even very tasty) my finger still hadn't stopped bleeding, so I had Michael take me to the ER at Abbott Northwestern. Luckily it wasn't too busy there, so I only had to wait two hours to get treated.

Well, the whole process took two hours, not just the waiting to get in. There actually was no wait to get in.

Now I know why there are so many t.v. shows about emergency rooms. I was kept entertained by the conversations of the staff on the other side of the curtain while I was waiting.

I get my stitches out on Saturday. I'm trying to decide if I should do it before or after my 60 mile bike ride.

No comments: